Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Garden

Spring is well and truly here. Despite the lack of rain until just recently my garden somehow seems to improve out of site. I inherited this English Cottage Garden and you have to be at it all the time. Especilly now since the warmer weather approcahes.
The Blue Bells in the front are a delight this year. The best they have been in 10 years!


In the rear garden I have managed to have an old tired Meleuca removed and it has opened up a whole new area for planting. I am thinking o planting more Gravellias as they attract birds and as the cats have passed away I thought it appropiate.

Also remove an old woody lavender and am planting a mixture of lavenders as they are very drought tolerant. So are the roses out the front.

Well the Wisteria is just splendid in all its glory with a ceiling of hanging bunches of purple and mauve flowers.


Down the "blind" side I have placed a lovely Buddha with a red background. I hope to plant some bamboo on either side in large pots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment